By-Laws Adopted September 13,2004
Northeast Florida Honey Bee Association
(Adopted September 13, 2004)
Elections shall be held annually. Officers shall be elected by ballot, a majority of votes cast being required to
elect. In the event there is one candidate for each office, a voice vote may be conducted. The president
shall appoint a committee of three members to count the ballots.
The duty of the President shall be to act as presiding officer at meetings of the Association, signing
documents requiring official signature, and perform other required duties.
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall act with full power of that office.
The Secretary shall keep proper records of all meetings and other transactions of the Association and issue
notices of meetings and perform other duties required of a secretary.
The Treasurer of the Association, upon approval of the President, shall provide office supplies to the
Secretary and Officers of the Association.
The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the Association’s funds and receive all membership and affiliation
dues and other income and shall make a statement of the accounts showing balance on hand at each monthly
meeting and an annual accounting of monies collected and expended at the annual meeting.
The Treasurer shall make all deposits and withdrawals in a local bank. The President may make such changes
in the conduct of the Association’s finances as may be needed with the approval of the membership.
The meetings of the Association may be conducted in the following order:
1. Call to order
2. Reading and approval of the minutes of the last meeting
3. Reception of members
4. Appointment of committees
5. Executive Secretary’s report
6. Reports of the standing committees
7. President’s address
8. Report of special committees
9. Election and installation of officers
10. Miscellaneous business.
All meetings shall be conducted according to the “Roberts Rules of Order.”
These by-laws may be amended by two-thirds vote of the members present at any regular or special meeting
called for that purpose.
When amendments are made and ratified, they will be incorporated and printed. Copies shall be made
available upon request.
NORTHEAST FLORIDA HONEY BEE ASSOCIATION
(Adopted September 19, 2004 as amended October 9, 2006)
Article I Name
This association shall be known as the Northeast Florida Honey Bee Association, a nonprofit corporation.
Article II Purpose and Membership
The purpose and function of this Association shall be:
1. The development and promotion of practical beekeeping methods, to act as an educational resource in the
development and promotion of beekeeping and its methods to the public and community.
2. To act in the interest of beekeepers in protecting and conducting beekeeping affairs.
3. To act as the representative of the Northeast Florida Honey Bee Association in State and National
beekeeping and legislative matters.
1. This Association shall be composed of individuals interested in promoting the art and skills of beekeeping.
2. The Northeast Florida Honey Bee Association shall make reports to the Executive Secretary of the State
Association as may be required by the Board of Managers.
3. Members of the Northeast Florida Honey Bee Association may become members of the State Association
upon payment of State Association annual dues.
Article III Dues
1. The annual dues for membership in this Association are fifteen dollars ($15.00) per year paid to the
Treasurer. This shall be adjusted by a vote of the membership when deemed necessary. This sum will cover
membership, and payment of annual dues constitutes one vote.
2. The membership year shall be October 1 to September 30 of each year.
3. If dues are not paid within thirty days (30) of notification, the member shall be placed on the inactive list.
Article IV Board of Managers
1. The elected officers of the Association shall constitute a Board of Managers.
Article V Officers/Duties
1. The officers of the Association shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer.
2. The duties of the officers shall be in accordance with common practice; the term of office shall be for one
year from January 1 to December 31.
Article VI Meetings
1. Meetings shall be held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
2. Officers of the Association shall constitute a committee to select subjects for discussion and to arrange for
speakers, arrange programs for the meeting, publicize all arrangements made for the instruction and
entertainment of the members, and are empowered to appoint committees to assist them in the carrying out
of plans along those lines.
Section 2 Special
1. Special meetings of the Association may be called at the request of the President, instructing the Secretary
to issue this call.
2. Calls for special meetings shall state the place and the time of the meeting, and briefly state the purpose
for which the meeting is called. No other subjects other than those stated shall be taken up at said
3. All members of the Association shall be notified not less than two weeks prior to the date set for the
Article VI Finances
All money or property of any kind, which may be acquired by this Association, shall be under the control and
direction of the President who shall require an adequate system of collection and dispersing of funds.
Ordinary operating expenses for expendable office supplies, postage, etc., may be purchased, provided no
single item exceeds fifty dollars ($50.00) in cost. A receipt for any discretionary purchase must be given to
Any request for funds for non-operating expenses, less than or equal to fifty dollars ($50.00), must be
approved by the Board of Officers.
Requests for funds exceeding fifty dollars ($50.00) must be approved by a two- thirds vote of the members
present and approved by the Board of Officers. All checks shall be signed by the treasurer and president.
Article VIII Nominations
1. Sixty days (60) prior to the elections of officers, nominations will be taken from the membership.
2. Further nominations may be made from the floor.
3. Election shall be by ballot. A majority of votes being cast are required to elect.
This Constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members present at the October meeting, or
any special meeting called for that purpose, provided thirty days (30) prior, written notice of amendments
have been presented to each member.